Get Answers to Frequently Asked Questions About our Service
Our new customers often ask us about pricing, how our services work, and fitness training tips. Below are a few of our most frequently asked questions. If you don’t see your question below, don’t worry; simply call a member of our team or email us your questions.
- WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE STRANDS OF BEAUTY?Strands of Beauty is all about providing excellent customer service, professionalism and promoting healthy hair. By choosing Strands of Beauty, you have decided on a hair experience, not just another “necessary evil of getting your hair done”. We care about you, the health of your hair, and your experience while working with Strands of Beauty Network braider.
- What services does Strands of Beauty offer?We are a global network partnership of hair braiders who specialize in chemical-free protective hair styles that promote hair growth and healthy hair. Each of our network is made up of highly trained braiders and stylist committed to provide the Strands of Beauty level of service and quality. Our specialities consist of : Tree Braids, Crochet Braids, Sew-ins, Locs, Natural Hair Styles, Children’s Braiding, Single Braids, Micro Braids, Senegalese Twist, Kinky Twist, Custom Wig Creation, Wig Installation, Braid-less Extensions, Micro Links, Tape Extensions, Braid-in Weave, Sew-in with 360 closures-frontals-closures. Relaxing Shampoos and Deep Conditioning Treatments are available at certain locations. If you would like a shampoo be sure to select a location that specifically states that the service is available. If your selected braider does not provide this service, you are expected to have your natural hair freshly shampooed, dry, and manageable prior to the appointment to avoid a $70 manageable fee.
- How can I prepare for a braider coming to my home or office to do my hair?
First, identify a place in your home where the braiding will take place. We strongly recommend in a living room area, basement, an area with hardwood floors or floors with easy clean up. Be sure that ALL pets have been safely put in an area away from the braider and in an area where the pet could not get to the stylist. You will need a comfortable chair for you (the client) to use during the service. The braiding area must be free from any food, smoke, fire, and/or any other danger, hazard, or distraction. Be sure that you have resolved any responsibilities you may have prior to the appointment. Braiders will not be able to stop the appointment to accommodate situations such as: cooking, cleaning, pick ups, drop offs, or any interference that would delay the appointment longer than five (5 minutes). Discuss payment options and be prepared to pay the full balance plus any upgrades and/or gratuity prior to the appointment. For the safety of our clients and Brand Partners, Braiders will not be able to accompany clients to ATM machines, banks, or any other location to receive payment or for any reason. The best area for in home or in office services is near a television or radio.
- I am tender headed, can I still get my hair braided?Our motto is “we do it right, not tight”. “Tight” is different for every person. Please alert your braider if you are tender headed PRIOR to the start of your appointment. We adjust our grip throughout the braiding process according to your level of comfort.
- Can I just book future appointments with the braider/stylist directly?All appointments must be booked on the Strands f Beauty appointment setting system only. Appointments have two parts to the payment. Part one is the confirmation deposit. The confirmation deposit must be paid to Strands of Beauty only. This notifies the braider of the appointments and blocks the schedule to give the time to you only. Part two is the remaining balance. The remaining balance is subject to change based on the client’s agreement with the braider at the time of the appointment. This means that add-on services may increase your remaining balance. The removal of an add on service may lower your remaining balance. The remaining balance is due via cash, cashapp, zelle app, or credit card. Please confirm with your braider on the type of payment they receive. Cash or Zelle App is preferred. Remaining balances are due at the beginning of the service, once the style has been agreed upon.
How do I get Strands of Beauty Rewards?
Each appointment booked and confirmed through your braiders direct scheduling link gets you Rewards. Each appointment is worth 10 points. Points can be accumulated to get rewards for your beauty needs.
How do I make payments? We accept payment via Cash, Zelle, Venmo, PayPal, or a major credit card.
- What if someone else, ( like a daughter, or friend that may be at my home or office) who was not scheduled for an appointment wants to get their hair done when they see the braider doing my hair?These type of things happen all of the time. You are getting your hair done and suddenly realize that your daughter needs/wants to get her’s done too… The way to do this is to simply book another appointment via the app or via the strandsofbeauty website. All appointments require a $30 deposit. All appointments booked on Strands of Beauty.com receive Strands of Beauty Loyalty Points.
- What should I do If I do not like my hair?During your appointment we will show you the mirror several times. When we show you the mirror, we are asking if you approve of the progress and the look of your hair. At that time, you will need to tell your braider what you like and do not like about your hair. If you approve, the braider will continue, if you do not approve the braider will make the necessary adjustments at that time and ask for your approval before proceeding. These adjustments MUST be made during the braiding process and not at the end of the service. Once you approve by allowing the braider to complete the style you are expected to pay for the service. Paying for your service, implies that you agree that the service has been done correctly and to your liking. All hair issues must be addressed before you leave the salon. We do not offer re-dos or adjustments after the service has been completed.
- Can I just book future appointments with the braider/stylist directly?Not if you want to accumulate all of your Strands of Beauty Points. In order to get credit for your appointments, all appointments must be booked on the Strands of Beauty appointment setting system located via the Strands of Beauty app or on Strands of Beauty.com. Appointments have two parts to the payment. Part one is the confirmation deposit. The confirmation deposit must be paid to Strands of Beauty only. This notifies the braider of the appointments and blocks the schedule to give the time to you only. Part two is the remaining balance. The remaining balance is subject to change based on the client’s agreement with the braider at the time of the appointment. This means that add-on services may increase your remaining balance. The removal of an add on service may lower your remaining balance. The remaining balance is due via cash, cashapp, zelle app, or credit card. Please confirm with your braider on the type of payment they accept. Cash or Zelle App is preferred. Remaining balances are due at the beginning of the service, once the style has been agreed upon.
How do I sign-up for Strands of Beauty Points?
Signing-up has never been easier! Starting March 2022, once you book an appointment you are automatically enrolled and immediately begin accumulating points.
- What is an ïn-home satellite hair studio and what should I expect? An in-home satellite hair studio is a located in a separate area of the braider’s home that has been designated for hair braiding. Strands of Beauty conducts site surveys to ensure the designated area is up to standard and the service can be conducted in an intimate yet professional environment. Each in-home studio must be equipped with a proper salon chair and salon products. The service is not allowed to take place in a kitchen or in a common area if others are around. It is a violation of the agreement for braiders/stylist to preform services in front of family or friends. We are focused on professionalism and providing an intimate setting for these services. If you feel that your appointment took place in an unprofessional setting, be sure to communicate your experience on Customer Satisfaction Survey on the Strands of Beauty app or contact us at email@example.com.
- I HAVE THINNING HAIR OR ALOPECIA, WHAT IS THE BEST TYPE OF HAIR STYLE FOR ME?It has been proven that alopecia clients need the healthiest, most scalp accessible style available. We have several styles that will achieve many results! Most clients with thinning hair or alopecia are surprised with the number of options available. Be sure that your alopecia is not inflamed prior to your appointment, if so we will reschedule your appointment and ask that you bring a release from your doctor.
Our motto is “We do it right, not tight”. It is best to get a style that will not contribute to the thinning already taking place. If your edges are thinning, be sure to point out the area(s) to your stylist/braider BEFORE we start the process. We highly recommend an in person, email, or virtual consultation in order to determine the best style for you.
- Do you provide the hair? Can I bring my own hair?Yes! we provide the hair for 99% of our clients. You can simply text a picture of the style that you want, showing the hair pattern and color to 1855-787-2736 and we will add the hair to your service. Yes, you can bring your own extension hair. If you decide to bring your own hair, please call and/or text the scheduling hotline at 1855-787-2736 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm the type of hair you are bringing. If you schedule an appointment with hair included and decide to bring your own hair, please inform us no less than 72 hours prior to your appointment. Failure to give us advance notice may result in you paying the original price (including the hair we supply). Please note that some hair is “special order” and can not be used by a different client.
- Do you take same day appointments/”walk-ins”?Yes, we love same day appointments. Please understand that we will do our very best at working with same day, however our confirmed appointments have priority. It is always best to call 770-882-8156 or 1855-STRANDS ( 7872736) and speak to someone INSTEAD OF booking online or via the app for same day appointments.
- Does Strands of Beauty Remove Braids?Yes! We remove all types of braids, we call it a “Take Down” service. However, if you need a shampoo be sure to communicate this when the appointment is booked so we can accommodate the request.
- How do I get the location of the appointment?The service location will either be located on the braider’s profile page or once you have made your confirmation deposit, you will receive a confirmation via email and/or text with the location of your appointment. If the appointment is taking place at your home or office, you will be asked to provide the address and confirm that you will have an area available for the braider to set up.